We know that you value your privacy, and therefore we will do our best to respect that. We will exercise care in dealing with your personal and confidential information submitted to Different Property via the website www.differentproperty.co.za (Website), and undertake to deal with it in a lawful manner. Your personal information will be processed and maintained in accordance with accepted information management norms to ensure the privacy and confidentiality thereof, and that it is accurate and up to date. Different Property will not disclose your personal information to any third party except if it is required to do so in the ordinary course of business, or where required by law. Should you wish to have access to your personal information records maintained by us, Different Property will make this information available following receipt of such request.
Information used for monitoring purposes. You will be able to browse the Website without Different Property collecting any personal information from you. However, the Website servers will collect the IP address of your computer for analytical purposes (including to determine which areas of the website are most popular etc.) but will not collect your e-mail address or any other distinguishing information. The information that is collected, will be aggregated which means that identification is possible.
Processing and collection of certain personal information. Different Property may collect and process certain personal information for communication and administrative purposes. Collection and processing of this information will help us render better service to you and help meet your needs. Subject to the exceptions stated below, Different Property will obtain your express consent before collecting, processing, maintaining or disclosing your personal information for marketing purposes. In the following circumstances, Different Property may collect, process or deal with your personal information without your consent:
• If Different Property is specifically requested, and required by law, to deliver certain personal information
• If the disclosure of personal information is necessary to protect Different Property’s interest
• If the disclosure of personal information is in the public interest (e.g. for the prevention of crimes) and there are legitimate grounds for such disclosure
• If de-identified personal information is required for statistical purposes
Online customer care surveys. To enhance service standards, Different Property may occasionally request that you participate in an online customer care survey. In such cases, Different Property will tell you how information obtained during the survey will be used, and will give you the option to opt-out of the survey. We don’t like spam either. We will not sell your e-mail address or other contact details to third parties for their marketing purposes. Only if you agree to it, will we use your personal information to let you know about new products that may interest you, via e-mail or SMS. You may unsubscribe for such communications at any time, by simply selecting the unsubscribe option on any communication sent to you.
- Different Property is committed to providing secure online services to visitors to the Website. To ensure that this happens, Different Property employs appropriate physical and technological protocols to safeguard personal information provided to us. All personal information including banking details, name and addresses are encrypted as it is transmitted over the internet. Different Property’s internet servers are also protected by firewalls and access to personal information is limited to minimal authorised personnel of Different Property. The security of the Different Property website and systems is also tested on a regular basis by an expert, and every effort is made to ensure that security is at an optimum level at all times. Despite these measures, Different Property cannot warrant that your information will be 100% secure, but will do its best to do so.
Interception of Communications. You agree that Different Property shall have the right to intercept, block, filter, delete, disclose and use all communications sent or posted by you to the Website, subject to the provisions of the Regulation of Interception of Communications Act, 2002 (RICA). Furthermore, you agree that the consent provided by you can be deemed to satisfy the requirement for written consent, as detailed in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002, and RICA.